Mileage figures for a early 90's 4.3 L S10

with an automatic and standard 235-15 tires?

I'm gettin maybe 14 around town with some freeway driving and as much as

20 mph----all freeway driving. Is this about normal??? But then I'm in Calif where they have screwed with the gas so much to reduce pollution and have also reduced the amount of power per gallon so I think we use more that elsewhere
Reply to
ken

I just finished renovating a 93 w. 4.3, automatic, new tires (215's, I think)

I'm getting about 13 in-town and 18-19 highway....BUT it needs an O2 sensor, since the previous owner drove it a month with a cracked head

the 4.3 is 3/4 of a 350...........keep that in mind when considering what is 'good mileage'

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

That's about what my '89 S Blazer 4.3 got

Reply to
Repairman

I get around 15.5-16 mpg in my '91, with a bunch of stuff in the back (tools, spare fluids, etc..), combined city and freeway.

Reply to
SBlackfoot