lengthening O2 sensor wire

Now that I have headers installed in my 1990 K1500 350, the O2 sensor is about 5 inches farther away from its connector. Can I just splice a wire in to lengthen it?

Thanks for all the tips so far in this installation process! Tim

Reply to
Tim Urbin

yes

use a crimp connector with the proper criming tool, then heat-shrink, or else solder it and tape it well

a little moisture in there will cause all kinds of problems

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Thanks for the info! Tim

Reply to