My 92 S10 Blazer.

I've had my 1992 S-10 Blazer for a litle over a year, and it's been a great first car for me. But lately for about the past month, it has been running a little rough, and I tried cleaning out the injector, which made it bearable for a while. I also changed the plugs and wires and distributor and rotor as well. It would idle and run very rough and not accelerate until I would jam on the gas, and it would perk up and be ok. Until one day I was at a stop sign, and I let it idle. It began running really rough, and died out. I haven't been able to get it to turn over, so I'm wondering would this sound like a fuel filter/pcv issue, or something more serious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Chevyblazerguy

4.3 engine? If yes pull the EGR and clean it. They are known to get chunks of carbon stuck in the pintle when it breaks off inside the intake manifold. Clean it good. Then get a can of GM top cylinder engine cleaner and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS on the can. One thing to add to those directions is to make absolutely sure that the tailpipe is NOT aimed at anything you don't want covered with black carbon/soot. Also DO NOT run the cleaner through inside a garage or anyplace that smoke cannot get out of rapidly. When you fire that engine up after it is shut down to soak it WILL smoke like a 3 alarm fire for the time it takes to burn all the cleaner and crud away. Once your through running the cleaner through the engine, change the oil and pull the EGR again and install a Kleen Screen style gasket to help in the future.
Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
Advocate

Reply to
Steve W.

So will the Sea Foam get rid of the "ting, ting ting" I hear when my engine is idling?

339K on original motor.

Lannie

Reply to
LS

Reply to
Steve W.

My buddy and I diagnosed the problem. We changed the pcv and fuel filter to no conclusion. Then we took a water bottle filled up with gas, and turned it over while I had the throttle wide open. It started up, and then quickly died out. My first idea was the fuel pump, or a bad injector. Hopefully it isn't too costly. I don't have the tools or resources to do it myself unfortunately.

Reply to
Chevyblazerguy