New steering shaft vs tow/haul

Hey all, I have a 2000 Silverado ls z71 with 85k on the clock. I finally g ot tired of the intermediate steering shaft and after greasing it heavily 5 times over the last 14 years, I decided to get the new replacement. Being lazy I took it to my mechanic who did that job. I now notice my tow/haul button doesn't work. Is there any way these are connected? Anyway to trou bleshoot without have the truck's wiring diagram?

TIA

Reply to
dh

Maybe, maybe not. They are a known failure item (the wire breaks right at the base of the lever)

Shows how to get there and where the common break is. To test back probe the connector and look for continuity when you push the button. The connection under the dash could have been damaged as well as it has to be moved around to get the shaft out.

Reply to
Steve W.