OT:99 van 3.4 leaking intake gasket

any tips? I know this is going to suck. No water in the oil, it's leaking to the outside. 86,000 miles on it any thing I should change while I have it all apart? I'm thinking a full day to do it and I would like to wait until memorial day weekend and just watch the coolant level.

Reply to
David Norris

Assume you are talking about a Venture. The t-stat is much easier to get to with the upper manifold off. Might consider plugs since you'll have the engine rocked forward. The alternator will come out by removing some wiper linkage, when the upper manifold is off. Kind of up to you. These are a few things that looked impossible to change with the engine assembled but weren't too bad once the engine was rocked forward and manifold off. You have to remove the push rods. They are not the same length. Overall not as bad an experience as it looks but it's easy to say, once you've done it!

Reply to
DonW