Paint Detailing

I have a 2000 Black Z71 which has been well taken care of. Looks great when it's clean but minor scratches show up as white. Are there any products or methods to fix or hide these marks other than re-painting? STOVEBOLT

Reply to
STOVEBOLT

Have a GOOD shop buff the clear coat. That should take 90% of the scratches away. Then buy some of the black colored wax and use that. I picked up some in a dark green to help with the minor scratches on the wifes SBlazer, at least till I get a hole in the shop long enough to buff it out good. You MAY get away with just using a good wax and grease remover to strip it down then use some Maguires mirror glaze on it. That removes the light scratches from road grime and other minor scuffs.

Reply to
Steve W.