PCV valve location on 2001 Ford Expedition

5.4L Triton Engine, 4X4. If somebody can point me to a diagram or pictures and instructions on how to remove and replace the PCV valve on this engine, I'd be very grateful and about $50 richer since I won't have to pay the delership to do it. Been searching the internet for this info and so far, no luck.

Thanks.

-- Marty

Reply to
Marty

More info...

The reason that I'm replacing the PCV value is that I somehow let that get by at the 60K checkup. I'm at 80k now and suddenly, I have oil smoke at the tailpipe on cold starts (blue-ish in color and smells like one of them vehicles that burn oil). The smoke goes away right after the start and then the exhaust is clear all the time while running. The vehicle runs perfectly. So, hopefully I've got a bad PCV and this will go away as soon as I replace it.

-- Marty

Reply to
Marty

"Marty" wrote in news:1171662864.067772.270920 @s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

i cant say the PCV will fix your ill's but it is midway back on top of the passenger side valve cover...........kjun

Reply to
Kjun

Oil smoke on start up is a sign of valve seals/guides going bad. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning