PING. Ian or Doc or anyone

Hi all, Im throwing the code for "cam position senesor correlation" think its p135a? This came up after an intake manifold change on a 98 tahoe 5.7. This is all weve done so far. Changed cam pos sensor tried new distributor changed crank pos sensor The tech whos been helping me says his computer tells him that the correlation between crank and cam sensors is right on and the timing is perfect. It keeps settting the code.... They say the only things left are either the weather pack going into the cam sensor, the wire going from the cam sensor to the ecm, orthe ecm itself... They now want to check the wire from cam sensor to ecm if not that then must be the ecm Does this seem right?? Anything else to check first?? Help please Tony snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Tony Viv

It doesn't seem right. I would still want to have it verified that the position of the distributor is correct. What the tech "says" and what is actually true could be different. I gather that you haven't actually looked at the scan tool data yourself?

Whatever happened, it certainly ought to be on their dime.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to