Pls help me ID this engine rattle coming from driver's side

2000 Silverado 5.3 Z71

This rattle is almost definitely not: catalytic converter, piston slap, intermediate steering column, joint

When I crank my truck, and especially when I rev it up, I hear this faint rattle type noise that sounds like it's coming from the driver's side engine compartment pretty close to my legs. The noise occurs whether moving or sitting still.

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg

Probably the header heat shield(s) for the plugs. I've taken a drift and a hammer and tapped the rivets back into the headers with out any problems. But that was on the passenger side of a 5.7.

It could also be the springs on the exhaust flange bolts, broken one at least.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle