Carpet Repair on driver's side?

I'm reading threads but can't find good answers. My TJ has a worn spot where my left heel rests at the front of the drivers seat. It's about 3"x6" and it's on that little ridge that rises up to the seat railing. My question is what do you do to keep from wearing that spot out totally. I was thinking I could cut a carpet patch from some place in the back and glue it over the hole I'm making. Anybody done this and what's a good adhesive?

Reply to
elflan

I got a cheap, nice looking black floormat set at Wal-Mart that was a little too long for my TJ and put velcro strips on the bottom to hold it in place. Fixed the wear issue, even in odd spots where I rest my foot. Prepare for a sea of responses about how you should tear the carpet out anyway since it's a Jeep :)

Matt

Reply to
mhammer8

Reply to
FrankW

Thanks Mhammer and Frank for the help. I want to keep my carpet , thank you anyway. I like the insuation,soundproofing that carpet provides me. My daily driver you know. I have these really thick black mats in the front but they don'g go all the way to the seat besides, they are too thick to lay smoothly on top of the two little rises to the seat. Are the walmart mats thin enough to lay down flat?

Reply to
elflan

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

After a water crossing with the drain plugs out, "stinkin' carpet" is exactly what you get.

Don't ask me how I know...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yeah, they have been for me. I got mine back in '99 but I still see the same ones there and at Target for $7.99 each/front and $10 set (back). They also fit in the dishwasher when the wife's not around :)

Matt

Reply to
mhammer8

Thanks, I'm on it!

Reply to
elflan

Do "real" jeeps have carpet, plus all those other electrical gizmoz that can't take a water crossing?

Reply to
K Horner