Power steering pump leaks

The power steering pump on my 97 K1500 is leaking badly. My dealer says he can replace it for about $500, or install a re-seal kit for
$200. I plan to keep the truck for the forseeable future (it has 120,000 miles). Any advice as to whether I should repair or replace?
Thanks . . . Kurt
Kurt Herzog
Grants Pass, Oregon
Kurt P. Herzog wrote:

What exactly is leaking? We see a lot of front pump seals that leak, but little else. If it's leaking between the reservoir and the pump body, then you are looking at a bit more work. Replacing the front pump seal is relatively simple, other then the need for special tools to pull and install the pulley.
Ian
How about a 1990 GMC Jimmy that looks like it's leaking from the hydraulic line right at the bottom of the pump? It also looks a tad rusty....
~KJ/TLGM