What shock absorbers?

I have a '97 Chev K1500 that probably needs new shocks (150,000 miles). The truck has a light camper mounted permanently, about 650 lbs. I had the factory "heavy-duty" shocks (not the Bilsteins) and have been happy with them. The truck travels mostly on roads (some b-a-d), but little "hard-core" four-wheeling. Any recommendations for a good, functional set of replacements?

Thanks . . . Kurt

Kurt Herzog

Grants Pass, Oregon

Reply to
Kurt P. Herzog

I would check eBay for a good set of new take offs.......

Jeff B In maine

Jeff B

I have Monroe gas magnums on my 1999 K1500, I like them better than the OEM Bilsteins.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

Monroe Gas-Matics! You aint got enough weight in the back to warrant coil over shocks. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig