Question about Factory car stereo

Hi all,

I recently purchased an '03 S10. So far I'm loving my 16 year S10 upgrade.

I was considering replacing the factory stereo with one that can play mp3s. I was told by the salesman, after he consulted with his installer, that my factory stereo was, in his words, "the brains of my truck". Then he added that they could replace my stereo, but I'd need to buy an additional component that will cover the functions performed by the factory stereo. Is there any truth to this?

TIA

Reply to
Jim

yes your truck would need the extra's i have come by this befor and their is know way to buy pass it in some cases it cost alot but i would look around

Reply to
dunndunn

Call Crutchfield they will tell you everything about most any auto stereo.

Reply to
Wayne Jones