Radiator Slush Problem

Yes I have, I thought it was some diesel thing. I might be doing this, the truck isn't warming up quite right. I'd start with 50% though....

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Has nothing to do with adjusting. It has to do with too many freekin parts, gimme a manual cable and I'd be alot happier.

Nothing else to do with the water :-)

Well I knew that before I made my first post! I've wanted to tell you that the 10 or so times you told me it was too thin. Also as stated, I don't use the over flow tank. But I did add about 1/4 gallon on two different occasions, once with water once with "rough" 50-50 (not precisely measured)

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Hook up the overflow tank. It is one of the best ideas that ever came along. First of all with it the radiator is kept full without any air. Also you don't suck dust and stuff back into the radiator. After a couple years it is amazing how much dirt there is in the bottom of the overflow tank. Most new vehicles have the overflow connected directly to the radiator and the pressure cap is on the overflow tank.

My Duramax says the coolant is good for 100,000 miles. I will have to see that to believe it.

Reply to
Dick

Duluth? I'm near Thunder Bay, Ontario. It is -20C/0F right now. Brrrr

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Hmm, Having a heat wave are you? Been there: Beautiful country (in the summer).

Reply to
Dick

Pressure caps on the new vehicles are better at releasing the pressure too. I'll have to find a new rat cap with the lever to release the pressure.

I'll also have to visit the used do-it-yourself dealer to get a cap for my reserve tank.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

BTW it was -10 this morning and the truck started no problem, and cooled off just as usual.

The annoying part is that "usual" is "bouncing back and forth between 210 and 235, and sometimes between 210 and 260"

Yay

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Perhaps the temperature seesaws because the thermostat is in need of changing. Just a thought.

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

My thoughts were:

A: Failing fan clutch B: Failing temp sensor C: Failing t-stat