Rough running 93 Blazer.

We have a 93 S10 Blazer with a V6 that started running very rough. The mechanic tossed money at it in the form of new plugs and wires. It didnt help in any way. The cat convertor has been checke and is clear. It has about 115K miles. He THINKS it might be a gasket or injectors. I say he is guessing. Both these things are too expensive to guess at. We know it is runiung very rich. If I pull the vac. hose off the pcv valve is will smooth out. It backfires some as well. When I really drive it hard, it seems to have very good power and runs smoth but without high RPM's and a load it is very rough. Very, very rough.

Any one with experience will earn my everlasting appreciation. I dont mind paying a mechanic but I dont want to pay for learning.

Any suggestions, PLEASE.

Ed Meredith.

Reply to
ED

I had the same problem with my 93 Vortec. Its the regulator in theCMFI unit. You will probably see leaking gas in the manifold area. I can't do my own work ,but it cost me around $300. Change the tubes to the injectors also. Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Actually, when the injector in my 94 went, the only symptom was hard starting after it sat for about 30 mins and a VERY slight lope to the idle shortly after start. It acted like it was flooded. Now, based on the comment that they know it's running rich, I suppose the injector and fuel lines are a fairly accurate diagnosis.

Now, when the EGR clogged, it ran well under load, but once it got to idle, it practically stalled, it also set a code.

Reply to
Mike Levy