Re: Adjusting Timing, where to get on the gas?

She has every right to over populate the world and remain in her yard and scream all she wants and get fattern' then the devil. I have every right to turn the world into a smog infested wasteland as long as it's state legal and on the roads at legal speeds. She DOESN'T have the right to try to wave me down on the side of the road, demand what I do to suit her needs. Not happening, NOT in MY America.

~TLGM

have you possibly thought that maybe you are both in the wrong? if she > feels that you are acting dangeous and disturbing the peace than thats the > ways she feels, same for her kid on the moped. Look at it from both sides, > maybe the anwser will be there.
Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Lol, what a waste

Reply to
Battleax

I'm supposed to make a trip to test my timing? I went maybe 300 feet away from the driveway I was working on! If I had 'gone to the highway' like the 'lady' had suggested - I would have had to limp to the next exit at like

20MPH because the knock was so bad.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

does you need to womp on it to test it? peace with your nieghbors is priceless, believe me.

Reply to
mat

Actually, yes you do. If you don't put a load on the engine you wont know if it's going to ping/knock. When you first start it up and at mild speeds it wont ping, but when I got after it it sounded like rice crispies.

As for peace with my neighbor - why? 1: Not my neighbor, 2: Why would you entertain the thoughts of a crazy woman?, 3: She comes from massachussets, 4: Has about 3 too many kids, 5: Why shouldn't she make peace with ME? I'm not the one trying to over-extend my privileges of power!

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Brother in Law rolls an old basketball. Scares the HE** out of the driver, he's looking for the kid behind it.

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

========== Dont forget to test it on the highway, in high gear, kinda "luggin" it. Thats the place it will ping.

Reply to
Scott M

I do plenty of highway, and I was trying to get it to lug. I don't hear any pings, and the ECM is code free. I think I actually tuned something properly for once, even though I still don't know how many degrees BTC I am.... :-)

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Hey Mainer, where in the great state of Maine? Dirigo! 8-)

Reply to
Jeremiah

So the car is loud.Big deal! It`s 2:30pm.When you live in the City,you deal with that shit!

1/4 Mile Junkies
Reply to
Bill S

York Cty, but only for a few more months... moving back to KY (where I spent '97-'00) between the last two cold ass winters and the rediculous housing market have soured this state for me and my family.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Shame on you. To many of those.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Your right maine does suck.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

So my car is loud. Nothing I can do to make it quite. 500hp 10.5.1 compression. That`s why I wait until it`s after 12pm.

1/4 Mile Junkies
Reply to
Bill S

no problem there. you are curtious, most arent. Matter of fact I appload you. LIke i said its not the noise, its the behavior.

Reply to
mat

It`s kinda funny,but where I live now,the neighbors want me to make noise,cuz they say it`s way to quite.The lady that is on one side,is 81 and she say`s I`m way to quiet.The other neighbor has a 97 Linenfelter Trans Am.So he loves the sound.

1/4 Mile Junkies
Reply to
Bill S