Re: alternator light comes on off idle

probably brushes in the alternator are about gone, but you COULD open the hood and check for a loose belt first..................

While I'm idling my 85 S10 Blazer charging indicator hovers around 12.5 > volts ( it use to stay around 14.5 at idle ) but when I accelerate the > battery light now flashes on and off , so I'm wondering if this is an > indication of a bad alternator, battery, or a loose belt..... In the past my > charge indicator light always remained around 15 volts at high speed.... now > it just sits at around 13.... > >
Reply to
Gary Glaenzer