Re: Clanking noise

You've got a u-joint going bad. Check 'em all, but it's probably one of the rear shaft ones....

Jeremy

99 K1500 Suburban 4x4. > > I have a noise that sounds like a stone hitting metal when I shift from > reverse to drive. It sounds like it is coming from the rear end. Any > ideas? > > >
Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Thanks...I thought they made more of a clunking sound when they went bad. How much of a task is replacing them?

Reply to
TrailShredder