Re: O2 Sensor bliss

Well Doc, was driving to the dealer and low and behold the check engine light goes on 2 Km's before the dealer so I did a quick scan of the businesses and there stood a private service station so I went in and had him do a reset for me and returned the truck to GM off lease, and picked up my new truck, thanks for all your help with this old pig of a truck, the worst truck I have owned yet (2000 GMC Sierra Z71 Loaded) too many things went wrong with this one, thousands of dollars wasted repairing it.

> > Very confusing answer I might add, were you talking to me! Haha > > Paul, > > If the 02 sensor has been replaced and it's still reading "catalyst system > efficency below threshold" on the same bank, it's most likely just that, > your catalytic might be shot. The post-cat 02 sensor looks at the > difference in 02 content between itself and the pre-cat sensor on the same > bank to measure cat. system efficiency. Your cat is still under warranty, > even if yer' truck no longer is. I'd take it to the dealership and DEMAND a > new cat. > > If she's going to be traded in, reset the PCM just before you leave to bring > her in so the cat. and tranny problem don;t scare them away! Regarding the > Tranny code, was it P1870? Very common on the 4L60e's, and it means it's > time for a rebuild. > > Doc > > > > > > > > .............. > > > > > > > > > O2 Sensor bliss > > > > > > Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Jun 18, 2003, 7:33am > > > (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@not.me (PAUL) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > we decided to replace that particular sluggish O2 sensor, and do a > > > reset. Problem dissappeare for two days then came back. > > > > > > I did a battery terminal removal type reset yesterday and everything > > > seems ok for now but I am a bit worried that the light is going to come > > > on just as I turn into the parking lot of the dealer where I am going to > > > turn the truck in this friday. > > > > > > Would it be advisable to do the power down reset just prior to > > > returning the truck to hopefully not have the light come on just as I am > > > returning the truck. I also realize that the emmision controls are > > > warrantied still but I am just hoping that the dealer is not going to > > > give me a hard time. > > > =============================== > > > > > > Unfortunately this is a moral question.... > > > > > > so I will have to referr you to God for > > > an answer......if your concience won't give you one. > > > > > > > > > .gibson6string.. > > > bet's ole Paul would be the first one to throw the stone..... > > > ================================= > > > > > > > > >
Reply to
PAUL