Re: problem - engine light - abs light - speedo at zero - allison 1st gear only

Have them check the engine ground wires. I had a similar problem after about 1000 miles. After a day in the shop, it was a unattached (not broken) ground strap. Good luck. Brett

Today my 3 week old - 2800 miles Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Allison > 4X4 dually had a BIG PROBLEM, while driving the following occurred. > > the engine light, the abs light and the brake light went on - the > speedometer stayed at zero while moving - the allison trans stayed in > 1st gear only - the display said "Service brakes" I had to drive on > the Penna turnpike at 15 miles per hour with the engine running at > 2k... > > If I stopped and turned it off, and then restarted it, it did not > shift into gear immediately... > > I went to a chevy dealer - the tech said the diagnostic unit showed to > many error/problem codes... he spent 5 hours and didn't solve the > problem... he was in contact with the GM tech line people. they > thought it was a small part which they got from another dealer nearby. > That did not fix it. Now they think it is a control unit of some sort > on the allison trans. could not get one nearby - expect it to be > delivered from GM next week... > > anyone have a problem like this??? please email me at speedijim @@@@ > rcn.com
Reply to
A&G Compressor Parts