Re: mysterious TOOT??

i just bought a 2000 silverado Z71. but at times i hear a toot ( like a

> short beep on the horn). this can happen while i'm driving or parked and > engine not on. Just got home from work and heard it twice while reading this > news group.checked manual and don't see anything there. anyone know what > this is??? > >

Reminds me of an "Police" album.

Ghost in the Machine.

db~mabie that's why it was sold.

Reply to
Ðon ßailey

Do you have an aftermarket alarm installed? Maybe a factory alarm that uses the horn? Could be that. Or it just might be the switch in the steering wheel, is it erratic when pushed or solid on.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

This is the toot that the Factory alarm system produces after you hit the lock button on the keyfob twice. Frankly I thought you were talking about something else as I found out Sunday one of my new girlfriends is lactose intolerant, after feeding her my ice cream pie. "OOoops".

Have a great one!

Bush

Reply to
Bush

Reply to
leopold

Sounds stupid, but is it your muffler? My 99 started making a pop noise (one) when it was shut off... they replaced the muffler and it went away. Pretty far out but who knows?? B.G.

Reply to
BillGeorge