Re: Tire size with larger wheels '92 s-10 blazer

Well you could cut out the fenders, or do a home made body lift.

Gentlemen, I could use your assistance. > I have a '92 s-10 blazer 4x4 w/auto trans that I want to put larger > wheels and tires on. > I have a set (4) of 16x7.5 wheels that I want to use but the local tire > people are at a loss as to what tires to put on them, that will still > allow me to turn the steering wheel from stop to stop without > interference. I don't want to do a full lift as I don't have that kind > of money, just want larger tires to give me a fighting chance the next > time we get 21 inches of snow, and my wife gets stuck at work for 40 > hours. > > Thanking you in advance for any input, help, advice, or horror stories. > > Rich > > "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. > Don't ever count on having both at once" > > > > >
Reply to
Brett Hayes

I had 30x9.50s on my stock 94 s-10 blazer, no rubbing but that was 15" rims.

-- Bruce

99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign
Reply to
BWM

Thanks, Bruce, for your reply to my post about tire size. I guess what I'm looking for is a recommendation of a specific size tire to put on my 16x7.5 wheels. I don't do any off road driving, the most I do is some unpaved dirt or sand roads in the Jersey Pine Barrens. I need a tire that will wear and handle well on highways at highway speeds 55-65 mph and be usable as an all weather tire, especially for snow.

Thank you, Rich

1992 S-10 Blazer 4 door, 4x4, auto trans (basically a station wagon with a glandular problem)

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once"

Reply to
BigLynch

Reply to
Wayne Jones

Well sorry i could not be any more help on sizes but i have Toyo Open Country ATs on my Grand Cherokee now and they are great tires. Not the best in mud but sand/beach they are good.

-- Bruce

99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign
Reply to
BWM

The 235/75R15s are stock.

30" tall tires will fit without any trouble. 31"s may fit if you're lucky. Some people swear that they fit on their bone stock trucks, others (like myself) have tried and they don't clear the back of the front fenders.
Reply to
SBlackfoot