Rear Differential

Rear Differentail ratio for a 79 Blazer 4x4 W/ 350

How do you find out what the ratio is for both Differentials?

I need to replace the one on the rear of my blazer 4x4

Reply to
R. J Younger

Also if anyone has one for sale and let me know.

Rear Differentail ratio for a 79 Blazer 4x4 W/ 350 How do you find out what the ratio is for both Differentials? I need to replace the one on the rear of my blazer 4x4

Reply to
R. J Younger

Code Written in the Glovebox Call a gm dealer and with that Code they can tell you.. There use to put a TAG on the Third memmber also

R. J Younger wrote:

Reply to
Santa

if you can read the RPO code in the glove box thats a place to start, also I believe there are some numbers on the rear end housing that may help, you may have to resort to counting gear teeth.

3:42 is a very common ratio for these type trucks.
Reply to
Elbert

i found the number GM74 on the differentail casing.

Reply to
R. J Younger

Thats a CASTING NUMBER

Reply to
Santa

Well, Someone here helped me with number. its g80. Now. Do I need to call a dealer to get ratio on that or what?

Reply to
R. J Younger

Sry for all the questions.

But I found this info on net. RPO FY LY DIVISIONAL RPO DESCRIPTION G80 76 88 AXLE,RR LOCKING TYPE

What to look for now?

Reply to
R. J Younger

YES

Reply to
Santa

Thanks everyone for the help.

Reply to
R. J Younger

G80 just pertains to the axle being a locking rear axle, nothing about the ratio. There's another G code in the glovebox, that's the factory-installed ratio...

Reply to
Mike Levy

it is HE4.

Reply to