Micra glove box woes

Nissan Micra K11 96N. The glove box refuses to close. I found that a bit of plastic on the back of glove box cover, which locatees with the locking mechanism, had sheared off. I superglued this bit back on. After rummaging in the glove box I found the bits which must have dropped out:

2 x 1/2 inch metal parts 1 x spring (but I'm not sure if this is from the glove box mechanism! Could have been in the glove box for years.)

Any ideas where the metal parts go -- on the glove box cover or on the locking mechanism part under the dash? The Haynes manual doesn't cover this.

Reply to
bruce phipps

Nissan Micra K11 96N. The glove box refuses to close. I found that a bit of plastic on the back of glove box cover, which locatees with the locking mechanism, had sheared off. I superglued this bit back on. After rummaging in the glove box I found the bits which must have dropped out:

2 x 1/2 inch metal parts 1 x spring (but I'm not sure if this is from the glove box mechanism! Could have been in the glove box for years.)

Any ideas where the metal parts go -- on the glove box cover or on the locking mechanism part under the dash? The Haynes manual doesn't cover this.

Reply to
bruce phipps

I've just taken a few photos of my Dad's (also a 96N) don't know if this helps but:

Reply to
bweebar
=

Thats fantastic! So the 2 metal bits go inside the black plastic cylinder. The top of the black plastic cylinder has sheared off. I've superglued it back on. Now I just have to work out how to fit the 2 metal parts inside.

Thanks Bruce

Reply to
bruce phipps

I can't for the life of me work out how to fit the metal barrels into the black platic cylinder. Anyone else here fixed a glove box mechanism?

Bruce

Reply to
bruce phipps

Well I'm not demolishing my Dad's to find out but I guess that you'll have to re-break the part you glued before they'll go in, re-assemble, glue and clamp until set (unless you can work out how to remove the whole catch assembly.) I don't know if you realise but those metal prongs are spring loaded and retract when you twist the knob on the front of the glovebox door

Reply to
bweebar

Thanks. I'll have another go. If that doesn't work I'll see if I can bodge it using a bent paper clip....

Bruce

Reply to
bruce phipps

No. I can't figure out how to rebuild the locking mechanism. Seems like a velcro or even a magnetic solution is imminent.

Bruce

Reply to
bruce phipps