Remote Start Recommendation?

I'm getting a new 03 Z71 tomorrow. I've been thinking about putting remote start on it for this winter.

Any recommendations? Any reason not to get remote start?

Reply to
KEVIN

Best company in the business. Until the auto companies started building their own these folks made them for just about everybody. They have the best service and parts crew I have ever dealt with. However I think I would have ordered it with the remote start, that way you can beat on the dealer if something was wrong. That said ask the dealers in the area who they use for installs, and how many problems have they seen.

Steve W. Fort Plain NY

Reply to
Steve W.

Who/where do you recommend?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Consider Autostart products. They have been in the biz a long time. You may have heard of Polar Start and Nordic Start....they are all the same units made in the USA!!

I deal exclusively with Autostart products and have great luck. Their two-way series (the 2500 and 6000TW) are very nice pieces with features that would surprise you. The remote is actually an LCD display that talks to the vehicle. You press the lock button and it beeps to tell you it sent the signal. A second later the vehicle pages the remote and tells you it successfully locked the doors. It also feedsback when the vehicle starts and stops. The 6000TW is also a full function alarm that feedsback when the doors are open or the alarm is set off.

And with full FM two way technology, the range is unbelieveable!

don't limit your search to DEI products...

Hamilton Audio Car Audio, Security & Performance

Reply to
LowDownZ28

Reply to
Andrew Sable

the security system is dependent on the vehicle. newer chevy trucks have a version of Passkey. If the installer does it right, he'll use a bypass module that is specific to the security system, where the system is "fooled" into believing the right key is in the ignition ONLY upon remote start. at all other times the security system is doing what you paid for it to do.

With the new transponder based systems, there are only two ways to bypass the system. cheesy installers will request a working ignition key. they then install that key very close to the ignition cylinder permanently, so that the transponder and car are ALWAYS talking. this in effect disables the security system PERMANENTLY.

using the right bypass module, we tie into the wires that feed signal from the cylinder (receiver) to the security computer. upon remote start, the bypass module simulates the signal from the original key, sending the computer the right codes. the computer sees them, and thinks all is well, allowing the vehicle to remain running. this bypass module is ONLY in use upon remote starting, so the security system remains fully functional the rest of the time.

if your remote start is installed by a licenced and certified installer/shop, you will have ZERO warranty issues. if there is a vehicle problem they can trace back to the install/unit, then it will be the shops responsibility to fix the damage. but dealerships have NO grounds to refuse warranty work based on a remote start being in the vehicle. we've got the legal papers to prove it.

Hamilton Audio Car Audio, Security & Performance

Reply to
LowDownZ28

I have a 99 Z71 with an Autostart system, got it for X-mas and I love it!!

Its great on those cold winter mornings when you gotta leave for work early, mine starts up to 1500 feet away. you crank the heat up the night before, fire it up when you get outta bed, its all warmed up and defrosted by the time you get in it.

The dealer had to put a "Passlock bypass" module in to trick it into thinking the key was in the ignition. It works great, it was an extra 40 bucks

The truck is programmed to run for 15 minutes, if I don't get in, insert the key and turn it to the "on" position, it shuts the engine off, OR if I depress the brake pedal without the key in, the engine stalls so no one can steal it.

Brian

Reply to
99 Z71 owner

Having lived in Arizona my entire life, I can't image living in cold like that. I haven't even worn a jacket in over 5 years.

Still... On the other end of the spectrum, I can go outside right now, having not started the engine once today, and my truck's engine temp gauge already reads over 100. I'd be interested in a remote start kit so that I can cool my truck off before getting in! Can anyone recommend an installer in the Phoenix Metro area?

Thanx- Derek

Reply to
Derek Schwartz