Repairing the rear wheel arch/qtr panel on a 95 Jimmy 4x4

Hi there,

Due to a distraction my wife had, the rear wheel arch on my 95 (well - her 95 Jimmy) is all torn up. There was a little rusting anyway underneath so I wanted to plan to cut it out or drill out spot welds and tack a new entire panel on. I used a slide hammer and pulled most of it out but I have some questions.... Is the body metal on the wheel arches/fender well 2 layers close together?? If I were to body saw the panel out would getting one layer out be difficult? Maybe I'm off base on this. Would it be possible to replace the entire panel from the door back to the rear quarter/bumper? It looks like one piece but drilling out the spot welds could be tricky. Have any of you done this before??

Thanks, A.

Reply to
AWN