S-10 4x4 towing and tow lights??

I have never towed my '88 S-10 4x4 stick but plan to do so for about 800 miles.

To my knowledge, this shouldn't be a problem since it is a stick shift.. However I'm open to comments on this..

Since I may wish to tow again in the future, I'm considering tapping into the wiring harness and using the S-10 lights while towing..

Is there a convient place in the harness that I should look for.. I have the after market repair manual but they don't offer much help (mostly block diagrams).

The S-10 is already fitted with a tow package (elect brake and light adaptor).. Should I just run a 4 conductor cable all the way back and plug into that tow vehicle plug?? Seems like that might be simplests if it will work..

Comments/suggestions would be appreciated//

Steve

Reply to
Steve