s10 lights

hit the dome override 4 times

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Not on his, that only worked on 2000 and newer. Proof? I have a 1999 S-10 owner's manual sitting right here, no mention of the feature, the

2000 S-10 manual I bought for the truck when I had it DID mention that capability.

I think there's a resistor that can be added to the sensor circuit to disable the AHL. There may be a mod to disable the DRL but I never looked into it since they never bothered me, I was able to turn the features off if I wanted and the mods would have been different on the truck I had since it was a ZR2, which DID make a difference in that regard.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Shep

I have a 1999 s10 & i would like to know what fuse would disable the always on headlights? When i warm it up in the A.M. the lights shine in the neighbors window.I need a way to turn them on & off when i want like when backing in the dark....Bob

Reply to
sundog

On my '01 Chevrolet the auto on headlights don't come on until I release the emergency brake.

Reply to
Advocate

If your DTRL's will go off by applying the park brake to the first or second notch, you could just put a toggle switch in the circuit. A light switch that would light for lamps out would be the best since it will remind you before you drive off. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

or the big black box under the hood on the left side, take off the cover and remove the two fuses, on is for the right and the other for the left headlight. I've always preferred the e-brake idea myself.

Reply to
Adam

Do the 99s have a dome override switch? If so hitting that switch 4 times will shut down the auto lights.

Reply to
Steve W.

As I explained in another post, this DOES NOT apply on a pre-2000 truck, only on the 2000 and newer...

Reply to
Mike Levy

yeah, that trick dont work on 99's

Reply to
Adam

Missed the post.

Reply to
Steve W.

I forgot about that. Looks like you need to upgrade to a 2000 ;)

Reply to
Eugene Nine