Shocks

I have a 1994 Silverado 4x4. It is all stock,5.7 Liter. I am looking for new shocks.I live where there is a lot of snow and dirt roads. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what shocks would be good. The rear sits a little higher than the front.I tow a small boat and carry some wood etc. Pictures are at link below.

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
Doug

The Chevy trucks with the Z71 off road option come with Bilstein shocks on them. They are great shocks but pricey. I've used Monroe Gas Magnum Truck shocks in the past and they are great in my opinion.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Cheryl and Rob

I have a 95 Z71 Sierra. 1st set of Bilsteins only lasted 160,000 miles (shocks still worked good - eye bushings wore out). I'm on the second set now at 235,000 miles. I'd say they are excellent shocks. About $50.00 apiece at AutoZone. I believe that the monotube design shock (Bilsteins are one of several) performs best.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Tom