Smallest V-8 in a 2003 Silverado??????????

Weird question but I have my reasons. A co-worker just bought a used, 2003 Silverado and it has a 4.8 sticker under the hood. Isn't this the L6 (inline 6 cyl) engine?? Well, his truck is definitely a V-8. Possibly a 5.3?? Mistaken sticker and all that crap?????

Reply to
Old Hippy

Chevy makes 4.8 liter V8, it's correct.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Thanks..I didn't know they made one that small. What is the cubic inch displacement of this 4.8????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Reply to
Wimpout

Wouldn't that be something like a 289/290 CID?

Just a guess on my part! Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

the 4.8 came out in the new body style siverados in 99

Reply to
Charles H.
283 CID

Reply to