Steering column wiring short?

Thanks for all the help in locating a wiring harness on the web!

1990 K1500 350ci

(1) I think I have a wiring short in the steering column that affects the turn signals. The left side is primarily affected in that it won't flash at all. Light just stays on when used. I changed the flasher without any change. When the headlights are on, the problem is worse: The dashboard lights will flash in sync with the right side turn signal. No other electrical problems were found.

The ignition key wouldn't come out the other day. When I finally got it out, I sprayed a lock lubricant into it and worked it back a forth. The turn signal problem improved a bit.

(2) How does a 1990 steering column open? I don't see any screws holding it together but didn't want to crack the plastic trying to pry it open unless someone told me to!

Thanks again for the previous help and thanks in advance for any help on the above.

Tim Bluff City, TN

Reply to
Tim Urbin