stock wheel ratings?

What are the actual max load rating for stock 2500HD 16x6.5 steel wheels and stock 3500 16x7 steel wheels? NOT the tire ratings - the wheel max load rating that used to be stamped on wheels. Who / where knows this?? Parts numbers are 9595397 and 9595221, but gmpartsdirect does not list this info.

Thanks.

Reply to
cew

Thanks.

Weird! Mine are part of the casting. Seems to me the Federal government requires this info to be stamped or cast into the wheels. Keep looking!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

OK, I will. Mean time, what do yours say? Do you have a recent (00-06) truck?

Reply to
cew

The limiting factor here primarily is tire pressure rating of rim. They will safely handle up to the limit of a 265 x75 16 E rated tires which can hold a little over 3500 lbs at 80 PSI (rims are rated for "E" (10 ply ) rating pressures.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
cew

They will have max pressure stamped on rims which will be 80 or 85 PSI (I have seen it both ways in the past) Both 6.5 and 7's will be load range E (80 PSI)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks.

Weird! Mine are part of the casting. Seems to me the Federal government requires this info to be stamped or cast into the wheels. Keep looking!

OK, I will. Mean time, what do yours say? Do you have a recent (00-06) truck?

I have a '99 1/2 ton. The ratings are on the inside of the wheel. I needed to take the wheel off the truck to find it.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

My aluminum wheel have max pressure on them only and so does a set of steel truck wheels I have.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Older wheels did have the max load stamped on them, but new ones don't - and apparantly there is no way to find out what it is, except that the wheels are probably stong enough and will hold 80 psi. So are they ANY 265x75/R16 tires with a recommended rim width as small as 6.5?

Reply to
cew