Stock Steel Wheel Care Tips Needed - Help Please!

I recently ordered a set of 15 X 5.5 inch stock steel wheels from cip1.

VWC-135-601-025-P - STOCK STEEL WHEEL 15 X 5-1/2 4-BOLT ( 4-3/4 INCH BACK SPACING) - BEETLE 68-79 - GHIA 67-74 - TYPE-3 - READ SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT HUB CAPS!

The order was placed on 2/8/2009 and they came today 2/16/09.

I had to press the process order button three times before I got an order confirmation. I e-mailed them to verify that I placed only one order instead of three orders. They e-mailed me back and said they had already canceled the two accidental orders. They were very courteous in their reply.

These Chinese wheels look almost as good as the stock 15 X 4.5 IN steel wheel I got from John C. of aircoolednet in 2006. The silver paint of the new wheels does look a little brighter though and has a sort of metallic look to it. Each wheel came covered with a special silk like cover to protect the paint finish.

This label was on each wheel. AKM International LLC TEST SAE J2530 Wheel Diameter 15 Inches Max Load Rating 882 LB Max Tire Diameter 28.5 Inches

My question is, should I spray some clear coat on these to help protect the paint? My concern is that the clear coat will not be compatible with the paint and might cause the finish to lift or bubble. Maybe just a good coat of carnuba wax might be better than some clear coat.

By-the way cip1 is having an up to 20% Overstock Winter Clearance Sale. That is what prompted me to go ahead and buy these. Sorry, but I couldn't help not to pass that along. Thanks In Advance! jim3

Reply to
Jim347a

george taylor