Taken Again

I was at my friendly muffler shop reading a brochure about Magnaflow mufflers and how they claimed to increase MPG. I needed a muffler anyway on my 98 Blazer so I went for it. *Wrong*. My mileage

*decreased* one to three MPG. Does decreasing back pressure increase fuel consumption? Anyway, it makes a nice rumble sound now. :-/

Brody

Reply to
brody

It will also allow you to burn more fuel if you have a heavy foot. Under average driving, it will increase efficiency, but also allow more air fuel mix under demand.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro