tire pressure

Hello everybody,

Can anyone tell the the correct tyre pressure foor an '88 K1500 4X4. It has

31*10.5*31 BF AT K/O's on it. Its mostly used on tarmac roads for traveling to work and back, both highway and town traffic.

TIA

Marc Heerlen, Holland

Reply to
Marc

Around 36 - 38 p.s.i.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Front and rear same pressure? I would have figured that the front had more pressure. I had 2.4bar front and 2.2 bar rear but the rear tyres are more worn out in the midle than on the sides, so probably to much air in it?

Marc

Reply to
Marc

OK we're using bar, I would keep them about 2.6 bar then. What I do is rotate the tires every other time I change my oil and filter. That would be at 9656 kilometers, thus keeps my tires wearing even and they last longer. If you never have any weight in the rear or don't drive hard in corners lower pressure is OK. But tires are designed to run at a specific pressure per their design and size.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Since I tow a trailer with my truck, I weigh each axle, truck and trailer and set the tire pressure according to the weight. You can find the correct pressure in the inflation tables put out by the tire companys. This way you will maximize your tire life and handling will be as good as it gets. The door posted tire pressure for the trucks are for max loads and will wear your tires faster if inflated to those pressures and you are running empty most of the time. MR

Reply to
MR