correct tyre pressure

hello, anybody know what the correct tyre pressure should be for "145/70 R13" googld and got the following-145/70 R13 534 150 2.5 37

345! inflated all four to 2.5 but the ride seems very hard

tia

Reply to
psy93

psy93 ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Depends on the car.

Gosh, you got some numbers. Was there any context or key?

36 psi. Yes, it almost certainly would...
Reply to
Adrian

it depends on the car they are fitted to, are they aftermarket wheels etc?

from this question no one has a hope of giving you an answer.

on some vehicles it also depends on loading etc..

loopy livernose

BLOODY HELL.

Wants to be in the mid 20's PSI. Use 28 PSI as a benchmark.

Reply to
Conor

My fiesta specifies 37 PSI front, 40 back at full load on 165/70R13 tyres.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Is it the Diseasel?

Reply to
Conor

Tony Brett ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How about at normal load?

Reply to
Adrian

thanks for the replies, sorry should have stated the bloody obvious !!! D'OH!!!!

96 fiat cinquecento,original wheels, dont have owner manual to check, thanks again
Reply to
psy93

psy93 ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Two seconds with Google found this

Adrian

My son's Escort 1.6i zetec says 36 front, 29 rear, up to 3 persons/normal-load.

I've tried this when driving his car, it's pretty shit. When i put them down to what that website actually coincidentally says, the ride is better, but the tyres don't look too healthy cosmetically, slight bulge so to speak on contact with the ground, but much more comfortable. I'm guessing 36 front is okay afterall, but they're pretty small 195r tyres, so I wonder what's optimal. Thankfully, I can't be arsed checking :)

Reply to
David R

A lot of modern stuff tends to wear as though it's underinflated with mid to high 20s...

Reply to
DervMan

32 front, 30 back, for a normal load, can't go wrong(swap if engine is in rear)
Reply to
ThePunisher

I suppose you could try driving over a sheet of paper and seeing whether the tyre print looks about right, for whatever value of alright you choose natch.

Reply to
Malc

Hm, interesting. I noticed on the given website in this thread they say that tyres may look the same, perhaps have the same tread pattern, even if one has 33% less PSI compared with a tyre with the correct pressure!

The Escort has 195/50 r15 wheels, 36 29 says the manual up to 3 persons, i've put it to 35, 31, and it's now a much better ride.

Goodyear poster on the local BP garage says 33, 26 - but that sounds like bollocks.

Reply to
David R

Have you asked Ford? They do change pressure specifications.

Also, there's absolutely no compromise to trying all pressures too.

By way of an example, my Ka's handbook said something like 31 / 26. Like the Escort, the recommendation for high load was a significantly higher rear tyre pressure. At standard pressure, one or two up the Ka wore his rear booties as thought they were under inflated. 32 / 30 on the standard

165/60/14s worked well. After changing wheels, 34 / 32 reduced sidewall flop and reduced oversteer... under most conditions.
Reply to
DervMan

26 all round I think.
Reply to