trasmission

last post I asked for advice about my truck shifting in and out of lockup.

91 3/4 chev 350 thanks to all the replies who advised me to adjust the t/a cable After looking and trying to adjust I realized I have none ? It is missing my truck has a crate installed and apparently no cable installed on it so anyway I will pursue this and see if I can't get this problem corrected

thank you once again

Reply to
mers-el-kebir

is your truck a 8600# 2500? if it is, crawl under it and count the bolts on the tranny pan, if it's a squarish rectange with 16 bolts, it's a 700R4(4L60) which requires a TV cable and if its kind of a longish rectanglish shape with the rear of the pan sort of rounded off with 17 bolts it's a 4l80E which doesn't require a TV cable.

check out these links:

700-r4/4l60 pan shape
4l80e pan shape
HTH, Bret
Reply to
Bret Chase

Ok... I think you are finding that the throttle body from the original engine does not like the new engine. Such that it may be too small for the engine (which looks like it flows more air and fuel then the original). So what is happening is that as you give it gas and it tops out too soon. When you hit the speed of 109 kph you basically are at almost full throttle. My first response was to re-adjust the throttle position sensor on the throttle body (model 220) but according to my shop manual it says it is non-adjustable... If you can, take it back to the guys that installed the engine and let it be their problem. If you can't (and others here agree that the TPS is not adjustable) you may have to go to an aftermarket throttle body that flows more cfm. This is definitely a throttle body/computer issue not a transmission issue. I ask for the feelings on my theory from the group. thanks

good luck, mark

Reply to
rock_doctor