Vacuum Problems?

I have a 1985 Chevy S-10 With a new engine in it. I am having a problem with the vacuum system I believe, when the engine is running and I take off the oil filler cap, I feel air coming out and I believe it should be sucking in. Anyone know how to fix this?

Reply to
cristo111

Sounds like a non-working PCV valve.

PCV is short for Positive Crankcase Ventilation. It should be located on top of a valve cover and have a thick vacuum hose running to the carb or manifold. It keeps the pressure from building up in the crankcase.

Even if the PCV valve is in place, it still needs to have the vacuum line connected in order to work properly.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens