Vortek 350 Heavy shake at idol?

I have been experiencing moderate to heavy shake at idol, I recently ran injector cleaner through and cleaned and gapped all the plugs and it only seems to have gotten worse (not necessarily due to the work). It also sometimes starts like it is going to choke out until I give it some more gas, fuel filter was replaced 8-10k ago. I have 75k on it. Is it likely the wires or should I check into something else? Ideas PLEASE.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Vortek.. must be german.

EGR valve could be clogged / dirty. I'd probably yank it off and clean it. Or one of the wiser guys here might have a better answer.

Lane

Reply to
Lane Jennison

Start with a compression test. You need to know if the engine is healthy before spending time and money on anything else. Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

Being that his engine is OBD-II, I'd wager that if he had a compression problem he'd have misfire DTC's stored in the PCM.

To the poster, take her to Autozone and have the computer read (it's free). Get the exact codes and post them here for us to decipher.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

L I B I didn't know Checker would do that for free. Thanks I will.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

OK Got an "Auto Xray" from checker. Checked the codes and it came up with only a P300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire. How do you suggest I proceed Doc. Should I check the compression next or some electrical.

TIA Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Corey,

  1. Manually verify spark @ each wire (yank each plug, hook up to plug wire, then ground it and have someone crank).
  2. Verify voltage is getting to all the injectors (use a noid light).
  3. Compression test couldn't hurt but I seriously doubt that's the problem.

Doc

compression

Reply to
"Doc"