92 rough at low speed

Okay, I've posted before about my engine issues, but here goes again....hopefully this time someone can help.

92gxe Auto. Very odd, runs a little rough at idle, and hesitates when accelerating. In the past it even backfired/sputtered a bit. BUT, when the RPM's get up to 2500 or 3000, it feels fine....pulls strongly. I love this car, and want to keep it, but this is driving me nuts. Also notice something of a chugging noise when accelerating normally.

I know that the adjustment underneath the distributor was moved at one point, but was never professionally reset. Does this sound like a timing issue? or is it something deeper and darker?

Any help would be appreciated.

Andre

Reply to
Andre

Check for leaking vacuum hoses, clean throttle body.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

i have a 93 Maxima... was having the same problems with the car...i would accelerate and my steering wheel woudl shake, my pedal would shake, very rough accelerating, once i was doing high sppeds it was fine, unless i had to accelerate hard to pass someone...it would happen, then it wouldn't happen for a couple days, then it did it straight through 3 weeks, didn't know what the problem was, thought it could be something major because the car does have 164,000 miles on it, but never had a problem before hand....

brought it to Nissan dealer they said either my fuel injectors need to be cleaned or one of them have to be replaced...

so i suggest you to pick up a couple bottles of fuel injector cleaner and throw it in your car... save you a lot of money because it cost about 170 dollars to have it done professionally.. if that doesn't work you might need one replaced... but try this out first!

Reply to
notori0uskimx

... it even backfired/sputtered a bit. BUT, when th

RPM's get up to 2500 or 3000, it feels fine....pulls strongly... Been there. Dug in, look what I found:

especially pages 6,10,13,14 etc

- start with cap, rotor, wiring, plugs swap [note: new cap can be cracked when u getit

- voltage tst, groundings, harness cleanu

Reply to
Wiikinki

tons of info on this link.......might help a lot of others in this group.....

thanks for the help

andre

Reply to
Andre