What muffler you using??

2002 5.3, ext cab, short bed. What muffler are you using and happy with as far as noise etc. Can't seem to get recomendation out of flowmaster for one without getting a whole system $500-$600 Any suggestions???? Tx
Reply to
MikeG

On my 2000, I have a cat back system with a flowmaster 3 chamber muffler. The 2 chamber is too loud for my liking. With the 3 chamber, there is a slight rumble at idle and while cruising. At WOT, it gets much louder!

HTH,

Derek

Reply to
derek

I've got a 70 series Flowmaster 1x3"in2x2.5"out. They make a system called the ForceII which is what I have. The American Thunder is much louder. Check out

I picked up the system for under $400

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Gibson or Borla will offer far better performance than flows. I have Gibson on my '99 Tahoe and Borla on my '99 Z71 Silverado. Neither is obnoxiously loud (i was 18 a long time ago) but have a solid throaty sound and they both out-perform Flows.

txag.

Reply to
Texas Aggie