What pads and What fluid?

Hey all,

I am going to change my front disc pads this weekend because I need better stopping power and these have almost 70k on them (original I believe). I was going to go to NAPA and get their ceramic ones. Are these the best for stoppping performance? I also want to keep the stock rotors and not go too wild (read too expensive). Just get a shorter stopping distance is all I am after.

Also, I need to change the rear end fluid. I do have the G80. Can I use mobile 1 in there or do I need the dealer's brand? If I can use mobile 1 do I need anything specific for the Eaton POS? Like friction modifiers or anything else?

Truck is a 2000 Silverado Z71, 5.3l, extended cab and tires are

285/75/R16 if that makes any difference with pads.

TIA,

Derek

Reply to
derek

Ceramic pads wont help until they are hot, once they are heated up then they will really grip the rotor. I don't recommend these for the street unless you're pulling a trailer down steep grades and need brakes that wont fade. Standard replacement pads will serve you well.

Reply to
Mad Dog

OK, thanks. I don't pull a tralier, but I do have the truck loaded coming out of the mountains sometimes. Well look at the price difference and go from there.

Thanks again!

Reply to
derek

[...]

Marsh Monster