What's your discount threshold?

Here's my question: assuming you have to pay a 5% sales tax in a new vehicle, what's the maximum percent of the sticker you would be willing to pay for a new Silverado or Colorado 4X4 truck?

Specifically: if you wanted to buy a Chevy truck with a sticker price of $24,000 (plus 5% sales tax) what is the highest amount you would be willing to pay on the road?

Any replies appreciated. I'll be interested to know what everyone thinks is their idea of a good deal.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Elkins

I'm not saying they are all knowing or all seeing, but I really like edmunds.com for this, you can see their research on what people are actually paying out the door for similar vehicles in your area. I did this before buying my last minivan, basically using that as my starting point. I ended up going 500 below that which was 500 over invoice, but it was the end of the month(1 day before) when i went in.

Reply to
89GMC

I bought a 2006 Silverado from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX in June of

2006.

Sticker was $30,643. With the Chevrolet incentives, the dealer discount and my add-ons, I paid $22,711.01 + T&T.

As I figure, that is 74% of list.

I have no idea what incentives and discounts there are now. I know that dealer sells a huge volume.

FYI.

Karl

Reply to
Silverado