Cost of 08, 09 Corollas

Hi,

A few questions.

My local Toyota dealers have the $16,000 base price stickers in the windows.

What can I expect to actually pay for an 08 or 09 Corolla ?

I've heard stories of the dealers not budging an inch off of srticker price.

Also, what is the actual milage folks get in a Corolla? The sticker says 35 hiway and that some drivers may get up to 41 mpg hiway ! I assume this 41 mpg number means completely hiway, at 55 mph.

Also, what were new Corollas selling for 4 years ago ???

Also, do dealers honr the 100,000 warranty? Do you have to pay extra for the warranty?

Thanks

Reply to
caprice85

With the high demand, I doubt they are going to cut much..

I'm still not totally sure about the mpg of the new 09 version. But like the 03-08 series, it seems to be able to do about 40 mpg highway. My 05 gets 42 mpg at 65 mph. And that is with the auto.. I probably get about 40 mpg at 70 mph. I bet I get 45+ mpg at 55 mph. The revs are low at that speed.. I always have the O/D on... Due to slightly less weight, the 03-08 series probably does slightly better mpg than the new ones. But I've never seen any real accurate data yet on the 09. Heck, I don't even know if I've actually seen an 09 on the street yet... They are not too plentiful on the road yet.

Dunno.. 14-14.5 k range?

Reply to
nm5k

You saw price stickers on the cars, which means you were physically present at the dealership. When you asked the dealer about these warranty questions, what answers did you receive?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you are not located in the SE or SW you will avoid distributor fees that can approach $1,000 per car in fees and mandatory options like Toyoguard paint sealant.

Reply to
tww1491

I'll give you my experience buying a very basic 07 Corolla CE with a

5-speed manual last June. The sticker was $15,600 and I paid $14,400 total, which includes about $900 in state sales tax. That equates to paying about 92 percent of the sticker on the road.

There were three factors working in my favor:

  1. I bought a car that had been on the lot for a while
  2. It is a very basic model with few add-ons.
  3. It has a manual transmission

I get 38-40 mpg driving a mix of mostly rural roads and some interstate. I don't do much city driving.

I doubt that dealers will be willing to discount heavily now, given that everybody wants an economy car. Last year they were still all buying Tundras and Highlanders.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Reply to
news

I didn't ask the dealer since no matter what they tell you, it all boils down to getting the warranty honored when and if you need it. That's why I'm asking real Toyota customers here. :)

Reply to
caprice85

Check

they'll tell you approx what others are paying.

Today's high gas prices mean Honda Civics, Corollas, Ford Focus, etc are big sellers. So good luck getting lower prices. From Edmunds, however, people were paying about $1000 lower than stick after tax

+license.

Reply to
johngdole

I didn't ask the dealer since no matter what they tell you, it all boils down to getting the warranty honored when and if you need it. That's why I'm asking real Toyota customers here. :)

It's a legal contract. They MUST honor it, or face legal action.

Of course, you'll read the agreement twice, and ask endless questions before signing it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom