Which Folding Tonneau Do You Prefer?

So far my favorite hard folding tonneau cover is the Bakflip G2. I have done a lot of research and it seems to meet all my needs. I really would rather the Bakflip F1 but money is an issue. You get pretty good security if you add an aftermarket tailgate lock. You can drive with the cover fully open which is a must for larger cargo. Not to many of the folding covers allow this. Check out the video and see what you think.

slinger

Desertphile

I have had all kind of problems with the backflip product. It leaks like crazy. Designed to run the water towards the front and then down the drainhose, but my driveway has a slight incline, the water runs back away from the drain tube and overflows inside the truck. The tape has come loose just about every where (dried up), leaks between the panels, foam seals dry rot, cable that releases the panels snapped, and the "D" rings on the top for tying stuff down rusted within 3 months. Think they would have made them out of non rusting materials, they sent me replacements, same steel ring, no rivets to remount them, just plain poor customer service. The panels were bowed down in the middle, nothing was ever stored on them. They are thin aluminum with white foam in the middle. My top was just about shot, less than 1 year, mfg would not honor the warranty. They offered to have me send it to them at my expense ~$100, they would rebuild, but would have the same POS that I started with 11 months earlier. About the 9 month of owner ship, BAk admitted the F1 was crap and offered other F1 owners the G2 as a replacement, FREE. Evidently I waited too long but they would sell me a new G2 for $300+, but by this time did not trust the product or the mfgr. Talked to the owner, he said I was trying to screw HIM???, the internet dealer I bought it from refused any responsibility, said I had to deal with the MFG. Did the BBB thing, what a bunch of loosers, mfg responded to the BBB and said I was the worst customer they have ever seen. Paid $700 and just wanted them to make it right.

"slinger" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@h4g2000yqo.googlegroups.com...

So far my favorite hard folding tonneau cover is the Bakflip G2. I have done a lot of research and it seems to meet all my needs. I really would rather the Bakflip F1 but money is an issue. You get pretty good security if you add an aftermarket tailgate lock. You can drive with the cover fully open which is a must for larger cargo. Not to many of the folding covers allow this. Check out the video and see what you think.

wabbleknee