Folding tonneau covers - ? differences

I've been looking at the folding tonneau covers, specifically the Advance Cover Corporation and the Fold-a-Cover.

Interesting that they are both manufactured in Caledonia, MI 49316

Does anyone know the differences between these products? Which is recommended? Why?

Reply to
Roy Brown

You might look at this

To be honest I don't know if they are still in business, but I have one and like it. They were out of business for a while and it looks like they might have found someone to restart.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Interesting concept Matt,

Quite a bit different from what I am looking at and the link you provided does not answer my questions.

Reply to
Roy Brown

Well I hope you find what you are looking for. Maybe you could call those two companies...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I have the fold-a-cover and am very happy with it I even took it through a automated car wash and when I went through the dryers - the middle of the 4 sections vibrated a bit but held though the very forceful blowers (kinda forgot I had it on :)

anyway, I would totally recommend one for the ease of having everything locked up (I love not unloading the back every night) and also being able to fold it back to have almost full access to the bed.

anyway, I am sure they are both the same in concept and it sounds like the same manufacturer- brad.

Reply to
brad smith

Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed both from the links provided on their web sites last week and I am still waiting for either to reply.

Reply to
Roy Brown

Thanks Brad!

Reply to
Roy Brown

You may want to check this newsgroup, too, where there's a similar question.

has posted some of the differences, and is going to see themat a dealer and report what he sees. JPH

Reply to
John Haggerty

| > | > Does anyone know the differences between these products? | > | > Which is recommended? | > | > Why? || | You may want to check this newsgroup, too, where there's a similar | question. |

| Someone has posted some of the differences, and is going to see them| at a dealer and report what he sees.| | JPH

John,

Thanks for the link. It supplied some of what I was looking for and led me in the right direction to finding out a lot more. There was loads of info in the

and I found a lot more opinions in other newsgroups / forums using a Google search.

Basically the two covers appear the same on the surface. But there are major differences between the two. If I get time, I will try to collate and post my findings here for others.

How they attach to the bed, how they latch and lock and how the gaskets are placed are the major differences. I cannot confirm this yet, but the fold-a-cover was initially installed by drilling a lot of holes and riveting.It now appears they use the stake holes to attach the frame. The Advance uses a lot of clamps with peel and stick gaskets.

I have found local dealers for both products, and will be checking them out personally. Armed with the knowledge of others, I now have a list of specific items to look at in each product.

Strangely enough, I may end up buying something totally different. Namely the one piece plastic/composite Undercover.

Reply to
Roy Brown