89 sunfire won’t start

Okay Gang,

I have an ?89 Sunfire 2.0 that will not start.

Yes, it gets spark. The ol? screwdriver in the ignition wire told me that.

It does run if I spray starter fluid in, but instantly dies.

Fuses are all good.

I hear the buzz from the fuel pump as I turn the ignition key.

Yes it?s getting fuel to the injector unit. I disconnected the fuel line, and gas ran out as I was cranking.

My question is:

When I first unthreadded the gas line nut, I expected the gas to spurt out. . .it didn?t.

Instead, gas just dribbled out, it poured out as I was cranking.

Can this be a fuel pump pressure issue?

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
switzee

get a fuel pressure gauge and check pressure,not sure what it calls for.did you change fuel filter?

Reply to
bar1962