98 Integra Gas Cap

I had a problem with the CEL coming on here and there with my 98 Integra... we'd tighten it down and reset and it'd be fine for a while. Recently i had
to have an emissions test done and they discovered it was a bad gas cap - the rubber seal was failing. Is this normal for a car that's relatively young? I've had older vehicles that didn't have that problem.
Thanks... -Megan

Very common these days.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Older vehicles may have had the problem but never let you know. The CEL is from the OBDII requirement to annoy - ahh, alert - you if the evaporative control has a fault. So before 1996 cars didn't let you know if your gas cap was bad while post-1996s do.
Note - dates generalized.
Mike