[Bump] Re: [1994 GS-R] Antenna Stays Up

TeGGeR® wrote: > PB wrote in > news:556dnfvYMN2NIiTZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com: >> I have the subject auto and the power antenna stays up all the time. I do hear the motor "whir" for several seconds but there is no >> movement of the antenna mast. >>

> Is it difficult to remove the necessary trim to access the antenna >> motor? >> Is the running motor a good sign and only the antenna needs to be >> replaced? >> What do I need to know to proceed with this repair? >> >> I followed TeGGeR's links and discovered the motor was ~$240USD, so I want to avoid that amount if possible. >> >> How much would the dealer charge to perform the installation on top of >> the part? > > > > > You shouldn't have to replace the motor if it's working (which it appears to be). You can replace the fiber antenna shaft, purchased much more cheaply than the motor. The teeth are stripped on yours, an extremely common failure. > > This may help: >

I have followed the steps to remove the special trim nut but am unable to extract the antenna mast further. Is it also likely to have perhaps oxidized and is seized a bit since it is the first removal and the car is a 1994? If so, what is the safest method to remove the antenna without causing collateral damage?

As always, many thanks,

PB

Reply to
PB