Damage other than blown fuse ?

hi I'm replacing the headlight

wire pair (Balck & Red) (connector removed) powers the HID unit(Inverter) pictured here:
I test-plugged to the HID unit.

Unknowingly the wires were in REVERSE position, so HID didn't come on and the fuse (15A) was blown.

Have I done any damage to the car, wires or HID ?

thanks

2004 TSX
Reply to
klabu

===================================

The HID may be TOASTED, since it's (probably) a transistorized module. You need to own a basic digital multimeter ($25), and practice using it on all kinds of things, to learn its functions (like polarity).

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Actually the HID comes back on after I corrected it

Reply to
klara

Fortunately, most DC electronics that uses external power usually has some sort of input protection... series blocking diode, shunt clamp diode, or a bridge input configuration. Apparently this has the shunt diode at least.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:9KmdnRU9fb_2lTbYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

You guys may not know this, but the OP has also independently posted this same question to rec.autos.tech (naughty!), and has received some replies there.

Reply to
Tegger

they know, but no one cares xcept *you*

it's all one big happy Interweb

Reply to
rumpole

"rumpole" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

So you don't care if the best nuggets of wisdom in a thread remain unknown to you just because you didn't know the thread was active elsewhere?

Reply to
Tegger

No, I don't, I don't even try to care.....I got google ;)

it's the INTERNET, the FACT of the reality is that there is wisdom/stupidity ALL OVER and one just can not even presume to be able to know/get even a tiny %

Reply to
rumpole